Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 0:00 AM ET on April 17th. Tether has a total market capitalization of $82.76 billion and $43.46 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Tether has traded 0% higher against the dollar. One Tether coin can currently be purchased for approximately $1.00 or 0.00002510 BTC on popular exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- XRP (XRP) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.76 or 0.00001902 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $17.93 or 0.00044989 BTC.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Wrapped TRON (WTRX) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0606 or 0.00000152 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $2,989.41 or 0.07501522 BTC.
- EarnX (EARNX) traded 396,248.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0008 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- stETH (Lido) (STETH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3,479.19 or 0.06807369 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $39,831.58 or 0.99952115 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $19.82 or 0.00049731 BTC.
- Internet Computer (ICP) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.67 or 0.00041825 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by traditional currency and cash equivalents held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed for 1 USD through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process according to its whitepaper. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals (not publicly auditable yet). “
Buying and Selling Tether
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Tether using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.