Peercoin (PPC) traded down 1.7% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 21:00 PM ET on May 14th. During the last seven days, Peercoin has traded down 19.1% against the dollar. One Peercoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.34 or 0.00001127 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. Peercoin has a total market capitalization of $9.26 million and $9,402.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- PRIZM (PZM) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0031 or 0.00000010 BTC.
- Max Property Group (MPG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0109 or 0.00000023 BTC.
- NuBits (USNBT) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0037 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- Tigerfinance (TIGER) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0311 or 0.00000082 BTC.
- Tiger shares (Tiger) traded up 709.8% against the dollar and now trades at $236.23 or 0.00791156 BTC.
- TIGER COIN (TIGER) traded down 21.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- THECASH (TCH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0260 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- Tchain (TCH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- NIX Bridge Token (NBT) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $80.59 or 0.00141480 BTC.
- Keeshond Coin (KSH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. The security level of the network is not highly energy-dependent thus providing an energy-efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Blockchain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.