Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 2% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on May 22nd. Over the last seven days, Dogecoin has traded down 5.9% against the U.S. dollar. One Dogecoin coin can now be purchased for $0.0862 or 0.00000284 BTC on major exchanges. Dogecoin has a market capitalization of $11.43 billion and approximately $373.55 million worth of Dogecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- DEI (DEI) traded up 18.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.74 or 0.00002428 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $71.77 or 0.00236341 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $4.91 or 0.00016166 BTC.
- SpaceMine (MINE) traded down 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.86 or 0.00002845 BTC.
- EAC (EAC) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.79 or 0.00005890 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00010892 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00000860 BTC.
- ConstitutionDAO (PEOPLE) traded 7.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0299 or 0.00000099 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00000702 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0053 or 0.00000017 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A Bitcoin clone that has reached success through clever marketing. Over the past year well over a hundred new cryptocurrencies have been created but not many have instantly carved out a niche. Dogecoin has sponsored multiple high profile events such as Nascar teams and the winter Olympics – even so, there are few locations to use the coin – and instead, it has become a de facto internet tipping currency. The coin has produced 100 billion units by the end of 2014 and is now producing roughly 5 billion units per year. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair (Main Source), DogeChain (Backup), and WhatToMine (Block Reward and Time only) “
Dogecoin Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Dogecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Dogecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Dogecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Dogecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Dogecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.