Terra (LUNA) traded 8.8% lower against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 15:00 PM Eastern on May 26th. One Terra coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.0002 or 0.00000001 BTC on exchanges. In the last week, Terra has traded up 11.3% against the dollar. Terra has a total market capitalization of $1.00 billion and $1.01 billion worth of Terra was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Tezos (XTZ) traded down 8.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.90 or 0.00006464 BTC.
- Terra Classic (LUNA) traded 19.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Decimal (DEL) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0812 or 0.00000276 BTC.
- Dimension Chain (EON) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00001074 BTC.
- Adshares (ADS) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.77 or 0.00009407 BTC.
- Glasscoin (GLS) traded down 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00003413 BTC.
- Apex (CPX) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0057 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- Umbrella Network (UMB) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0283 or 0.00000096 BTC.
- Luna Coin (LUNA) traded 21,229.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.19 or 0.00004013 BTC.
- Golos Blockchain (GLS) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0030 or 0.00000010 BTC.
Terra Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Terra aims to build a new financial infrastructure that works better for everyone. The network is powered by a family of stablecoins, each pegged to major fiat currencies all algorithmically stabilized by Terra’s native token, Luna. Terra’s mission is to set money free by building open financial infrastructure. Luna, as the native staking asset from which the family of Terra stablecoins derives their stability, utility, and value, acts both as collateral for the entire Terra economy and as a staking token that secures the PoS network. Luna can be held and traded like a normal crypto asset, but can also be staked to accrue rewards in the network generated from transaction fees. Luna can also be used to make and vote on governance proposals. The family of Terra stablecoins is designed to achieve stability through consistent mining rewards with a contracting and expanding money supply. For example, if the system has detected that the price of a Terra currency has deviated from its peg, it applies pressure to normalize the price. Currently, the family of Terra stablecoins includes: KRT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Korean Won), UST (Terra stablecoin pegged to US Dollar), MNT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Mongolian Togrog), SDR (Terra stablecoin pegged to IMF SDR), with more being added in the future. “
Terra Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Terra directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Terra should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Terra using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Terra Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Terra and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.