Passengers Experience Unveiled in New York City
Passengers Experience, Interactive Tie-In for Colombia Pictures Upcoming film; Passengers
A futuristic exhibition unveiled today in New York City. The Passengers Experience is a promotional interactive event based on the upcoming film. The synopsis for Passengers reads as follows:
A spacecraft traveling to a distant colony planet and transporting thousands of people has a malfunction in its sleep chambers. As a result, two passengers are awakened 90 years early
The Passengers Experience offers the fictitious world as seen in the film. On display are immersible sets, props, and costumes. Anyone will also be able to see, touch and interact with each display. The following is an overview of The Passengers Experience as per the press release issued today.
• Upon entering attendees will be greeted by a robot featured in the film. The robot employs MESH motion tags to detect human movement and react to visitors.
• Visitors are invited to climb inside an actual sleep chamber from the film for a unique photo op to share with friends and on social media.
• Visitors will have the opportunity to have their face transposed onto the facemask of a spacesuit that was used in the film via augmented reality technology.
• Individuals who post on social media using the special Sony Square hashtag will be able to leave the showroom with a printed photo of anything they post.
• The Passengers Experience features several Sony products that are still in the conceptual stage. For example, The Xperia Agent concept, Xperia Projector concept, and Xperia Ear will all be on display.
The Passengers Experience runs between the 6th of December 2016 to the 20th of January 2017. The event takes place at Sony Square NYC. The address and hours of operation are as follows:
25 Madison Avenue, NY NYC 10010
Monday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sundays from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Best of all the event is free and open to the public.
“The Passengers installation at Sony Square NYC allows for visitors to engage and interact with the film in an unconventional manner. The unique exhibit offers individuals the opportunity to not only be immersed in the film, but to use several Sony products that are still in development. This exclusive experience demonstrates our dedication to entertaining and wowing our audience.”
Steven Fuld, Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Sony Corporation of America.