Monster of Dread End, The. Retro Practical Effects Driven Production on Kickstarter
Monster of Dread End, The. Crowdfunding Details
Director: Ernest Farino
Writer: Ernest Farino
Medium: Feature Film
The original story becomes Act 1 of the feature screenplay. Flash forward 15 years to find Jimmy, now 30, experiencing recurring nightmares about the creature. Haunted by the incident, he becomes obsessed: somehow his sister may still be alive. The origin of the creature was never resolved, and Jimmy becomes determined to go back and solve the mystery.Accompanied by a select group of friends, he returns to Dread End and they descend into the abyss beneath the city to encounter unspeakable horrors.
The Monster of Dread End is a modern film adaptation of the classic comic book series published in 1962. Dubbed a monster film for modern horror cinema, the project will stay true to the original concept. Writer/Director Ernest Farino spearheads The Monster of Dread End film project. Farino is a notable figure within the Horror and Science Fiction genres. He possesses over forty years of experience in the visual effects field. Farino’s notable work includes Starship Troopers, Creepshow, The Thing, Terminator and much more…
A list of veteran filmmakers are confirmed for the project and they are:
• Mark Wolf: Producer (Night at the Museum, Final Destination)
• Chris Edmonds: Line Producer (Silent Night, Deadly Night 4, Slumber Party Massacre III)
• Thomas L. Callaway: Cinematographer (Return of the Living Dead, Slumber Party Massacre II)
• The Chiodo Brothers: Stop Motion Animation (Killer Klowns From Outer Space)
• Steven L. Austin: Film Editor (Paranoid Activity 2, Expert Weapon)
• John Massari: Composer (Killer Klowns From Outer Space, The Cell 2)
• Pete Von Sholly: Concept Art/Storyboards (Pumpkinhead, The Shawshank Redemption)
Katherine Tomlinson: Script Analyst (Magic City, The Mentalist)
The crowdfunding campaign has begun and it has an all or nothing status!
This means The Monster of Dread End will only receive funds if the total goal is reached. The Monster of Dread End raised $297 of it’s $35,000 goal. There is still 24 days left in the campaign. The deadline is set for May 24th, 2017.
All contributions will go towards the many levels of the film’s production costs. To support this project visit Kickstarter.
There are rewards depending on your pledge contribution. The pledges range from $10 to $2,500. the biggest pledge package is the Diamond package. On top of executive producer credit, the rewards include.
The cast stars
• Lydia Cornell (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Quantum Leap)
• John DeMita (The Twilight Zone)
• Peter D. Von Sholly (Tales of Frankenstein)
• Clover Rashby (The Nutcracker)
• Don Scribner (General Hospital, Rumplestiltskin)
• Mark Sawicki (Cape Fear, The Dark Knight Rises)
Here are some other highlights to The Monster of Dread End productions:
The Monster of Dread End will use stop-motion animation instead of CGI animation. Award winning Chiodo Brothers will headline this. Composer John Massari will assemble a string quartet accented by select solo instruments and a Canadian concert cellist, layered in a multi-track mix to create the full, resonating sound of a large orchestra.
• Copy of the new book by Pete Von Sholly
• Printed copy of screenplay signed by Ernest Farino
• Limited edition maquette signed and numbered by Joe Laudati
The project is set to begin production on June 5, 2017, and wrap up on October 13, 2017. The total production will take 19 weeks.