Dante’s Inferno Film Analysis
Dante’s Inferno IMDB
Release Date: February 9, 2010
Release Format: Video
MPAA Rating: Rated R for strong violence
Horror Sub-genre: Animation, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Horror
Synopsis: Dante journeys through the nine circles of hell in order to find and save his true love, Beatrice
Based off the video game, “Dante’s Inferno” is a story of unconditional love and sacrifice. Dante returns home from war to find his village has been ruined, his people slaughtered, and the love of his life is on the brink of dying. Her soul has been kidnapped and held hostage in the deepest depths of hell.
On a quest to find his beloved Beatrice and save her soul from Lucifer, who holds her captive, he travels through the nine circles of his own personal hell: limbo, lust, gluttony, greed, anger, heresy, violence, fraud, and treachery. On his journey, he will suffer his own madness. But none of this will prepare him for the final circle, and the answer to his question: why has his love been taken away?
- Story – the story of “Dante’s Inferno” is really good. A man on a mission to save his true love, but he has to get through his personal hell to get to her. It’s also an original plot, as the story takes a different twist. We see a lot of stories and plots where a man must fight to save his true love from some mad man, evil entity, or tormentor. “Dante’s Inferno” brings something new to the genre.
- Graphics – the graphics of “Dante’s Inferno” is superb. The animation is clear, sharp and crisp.
- Make-up and special effects – the make up in “Dante’s Inferno” is very well done. The special effects, although pretty gruesome, are awesome.
- Acting – the acting in “Dante’s Inferno” is decent, but a bit over the top. Almost like an over-dramatized soap opera.
- Presentation – “Dante’s Inferno” is an animated movie based off the video game. It’s presentation and appearance is set up video-game style, and that slightly takes away the movie aspect of it. I feel like I am watching a video game instead of a movie.
“Dante’s Inferno” is a great love-sacrifice story. You sacrifice your own life to save that which is dearest to you. You face the darkest perversions of hell and battle your personal demons to get to your true love. In the end, you realize that the demon is you, and you are the cause of your own demise.
- 0-10 Avoid
- 11-20- Mediocre
- 21-30 -Good
- 31-40 – Average
- 41-50- Decent
- 51-60 – Stunning
- 71-80 – Must See
- 81-90 – Amazing
- 91-100 – Impressive