“The Curse of Poltergeist” to unravel
“The Curse of Poltergeist” is an upcoming documentary produced in collaboration with Indonesia-based MD Pictures and producer/director Adam Ripp. The film centers on the purported curse that plagued the cast and crew to the “Poltergeist” movie franchise. The mysterious and unexplained misfortunes that befell the production could easily be declared as a string of tragic coincidences. Yet the number of deaths are staggering.
- Child actress Heather O’Rourke who portrayed the titular character; Carol Anne in the “Poltergeist” movie franchise, she died before the release of “Poltergeist 3” at the age of 12.
- Actress Dominique Dunne would portray the character, Dana Freeling and shortly after the theatrical release of “Poltergeist” was murdered by her boyfriend in 1982, .
- Actor Lou Perryman would portray the character; Pugsley in “Poltergeist” and in 2009 was brutally murdered with an axe.
- Actor Will Sampson would portray the character, Taylor in “Poltergeist II” and died two years later.
- Julian Beck would portray the sinister preacher, Kane in “Poltergeist II” and later succumbed to cancer in 1985.
“The Curse of Poltergeist” documentary will feature actor Oliver Robins who portrayed Robbie Freeling in “Poltergeist I” and “Poltergeist II” Oliver Robins shared the following comment on the upcoming documentary.
“It will be a journey into the unknown as I attempt to understand the meaning behind the tragedies surrounding the movie… It’s something that will hopefully bring closure to a dark chapter in my life.”
Source: The Hollywood Reporter