“Slender: The Arrival” Ports to Nintendo
“Slender: The Arrival” initially debuted on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One unfortunately Nintendo Wii U console owners were excluded from partaking in the Horror title. Canadian video game developer, Blue Isle Studios have recently announced that they are porting “Slender: The Arrival” for the Nintendo Wii U console. In addition, “Slender: The Arrival” will be available before the Halloween holiday season. The release date for “Slender: The Arrival” is scheduled on 22nd of October 2o15 and will be offered as a $10 digital download . The Wii U version of “Slender: The Arrival” will feature redeveloped controls scheme to accommodate the console.
Below is the unedited Press release from Blue Isles Studios announcing the Wii U port for “Slender: The Arrival”
- Toronto, CANADA – October 14, 2015 – As people around the world gear up for Halloween, Wii U gamers are in for a terrifying treat as Blue Isle Studios announced today that its survival horror game Slender: The Arrival is launching for the Wii U system in North America on October 22.
- Nintendo gamers will now get their chance to experience the official video game adaptation of the Internet horror phenomenon, and will also benefit from an exclusive new addition – the immersive new use of the Wii Remote as the in-game flashlight. By moving the Wii Remote, players can control the in-game light to shine weak light onto the dark, haunting world of Slender Man in a search for clues in this mystery.
- The nightmarish Slender Man is described by eye witnesses as a thin, unnaturally tall man dressed in a black suit with a blank, featureless face. Slender: The Arrival brings brand new story elements and extended levels to the world of Slender Man that continue to unfold the terrifying mythos. Players are enveloped in a world of sensory deprivation filled with haunting visions and audio cues that create a healthy dose of tension and paranoia.
- In The Arrival ’s storyline, Lauren is in search of her friend Kate, who recently has become increasingly obsessed with the folklore of Slender Man. Was Kate’s disappearance the work of Slender Man? Use Kate’s forgotten flashlight with the Wii Remote to explore abandoned houses, creepy mines and dark forests to unravel the mystery – all while being stalked by the menacing presence of Slender Man.
- Developed in collaboration with Eric “Victor Surge” Knudson, creator of the paranormal phenomenon, and written by the creative team behind the Marble Hornets series, Slender: The Arrival is rated ‘T’ for Teen (Blood, Violence) and will release in North America for $9.99 digital download on October 22 for Wii U.